BlogDesk is a fairly nice desktop blogging client. In simpler terms it's a piece of software that lets you post to your blog from your desktop without using the web browser. This allows for some added features over a lot of blogging platforms. It supports a wide range of blog platforms including WordPress, MovableType, Drupal, and Serendipity.
My thoughts of BlogDesk:
- Easy to install
- Easy to setup with your blog
- Supports WordPress custom fields, but doesn't support custom fields in other blog platforms.
- Reasonable formatting and control of text
- No trouble handling images
- Had not trouble pulling in my categories
- Allows editing of older posts, even those written before I installed it.
- You can schedule posts for later
- Spell-check as you would expect from something like this
- Auto tag generation is a nice touch
Overall I was impressed. A nice piece of software. My only disappointment was that it did not support custom fields for anything other than WordPress. I develop with Drupal an I use custom fields extensively. The lack of support for custom field rules out my use of this product and means I will not be suggesting it for most of my clients. For anyone who wants to post to a blog or site without custom fields, I would recommend it.