Web Design Resources - Updated
November 29, 2008
I was putting together a list of resources that I regularly use for someone, and I thought it might be helpful for someone else.
- Web Developer - all purpose testing. Extremely helpful when checking CSS, but also good with images, forms, and other HTML elements.
- Firefox Accessibility Extension - evaluate accessibility on web sites and other HTML documents
- WAVE Toolbar - another good accessibility testing tool
- IE Tabs Plus - open IE within a Firefox tab
- LinkChecker - the name says it all
- MeasureIt - find dimensions of online content or space
- ColorZilla - find the exact color you're seeing in the browser.
- HTML Validator - a great validation tool for testing web pages.
- Fangs Screen Reader Emulator - emulates a screen reader for testing accessibility and other usability factors.
- Split Browser - open two pages in the same window.
- Live HTTP Headers - know what your page is loading, and from where
- FireShot - superb screenshot tool.
- Colour Contrast Analyser
- Multi Links
- Other helpful, extensions
- All-in-One Gestures - makes browsing easier.
- Profile Manager and Synchronizer - open multiple Firefox profiles at the same time.
- Scribefire - designed as a blogging tool, it's also helpful for just collecting links and content in clean HTML.
- IE View - switch from Firefox to IE in a click. No need to find the page again in IE, just open your current Firefox page in IE.
- FoxView -open your current IE page in Firefox
- OperaView - open your current Firefox page in Opera
- Chrome View - open your current Firefox page in Chrome
- Safari View - open your current Firefox page in Safari
- Pencil Wireframing Tool
Resources for Internet Explorer
Resources for Opera
- Opera Browser - A resource all by itself. If you're not familiar with it, it's another high quality browser that's useful to test pages in.
- Web Accessibility Toolbar for Opera